Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Shipping Cost

  1. #11
    Inactive Member David Deratany's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thevott,

    Thank you. I have sent off an request for a rate quote.

    Dave

  2. #12
    Inactive Member David Deratany's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's what I found from http://www.freightcenter.com/option/Q1.htm

    Website of Avxa Freight Services. Avxa provides access to hundreds of freight carriers offering literally any type of service from and to any point worldwide. http://www.avxa.com .

    This may be useful to someone here in the future.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member highfidelity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2003
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I used a company called Craters and Freighters when I purchased my 19's. They were in Tampa, FL and I'm in Austin, TX. They picked them up and packed them VERY well and shipped them to my driveway, unloaded them off the truck and set them in the garage. They specialize in packaging and shipping antiques, art, anything valuable. They used the thin foam that Todd mentioned around the wood first, then I don't know how many layers of styrofoam, etc. They arrived without a scratch and the grills were unharmed too. I had asked them to take special care with them as I thought the grill frames might have gotten easily crushed if handled incorrctly. I think the cost was about $450, but it was worth it to me to have these babies arrive here unharmed. I have had other items arrive damaged from careless sellers. Their URL is http://www.cratersandfreighters.com/ .

    Good luck,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.